What is a centrifugal slurry pump ? Slurry pump refers to a kind of machinery which can increase the energy of solid-liquid mixed medium by means of centrifugal force (rotation of impeller of pump), and convert the electric energy into the kinetic energy and potential energy of medium. Mainly applicable to: mining, power plant, dredging, metallurgy, chemical industry, building materials, petroleum and other industries.
Components of slurry pump：Slurry pump is mainly composed of adjusting screw,base /(frame),bearing housing,bearing assembly/unit,bearing sleeve,bearing,bearing (drive end),clamp washer,clamp bolt,cover plate,cover plate bolt,cover plate liner,cover plate liner (half),screw/stud,end cover,shim/(gasket),frame plate liner(FPL) insert stud,end cover set screw,expeller,expeller ring,rubber expeller ring,impeller,volute liner,cover plate liner,frame plate,frame plate liner,frame plate bolt,frame plate stud,throatbush,FPL insert(back liner +expeller +volute liner),gland assembly,gland bolt,grease retainer,intake joint/intake seal ring,labyrinth locknut,labyrinth,impeller O-ring,lantern ring,neck ring,shaft key,shaft,shaft sleeve,stuffing box,keeper plate,cotter,bearing seal,shaft seal,piston ring/(labyrinth ring),shaft O-ring,volute liner,gland packing seal,shaft spacer,lantern restrictor/restrictor ring,expeller ring/stuffing box seal,volute cover seal/volute seal,FPL insert seal,gland bolt,discharge joint/discharge seal ring,oil cup seat,shaft sleeve spacer/bearing retainer,impeller disassembly device ,Impeller release collar,cup gland /lip seal gland,lifting tube,locating nut,volute lifting beam,shaft wrench,stuffing box/expeller ring,lifting beam,mechanical seal,expeller seal,dyna seal,nut covers,grease cup,grease nipple,hex head bolt,square head set screw,etc.
Working principle of slurry pump：Under the action of centrifugal force, the liquid is thrown from the center of impeller to the outer edge and gets energy, which leaves the outer edge of impeller at high speed and enters the volute pump shell. In the volute pump shell, the liquid slows down due to the gradual expansion of the flow channel, and changes part of the kinetic energy into the static energy. Finally, the liquid flows into the discharge pipe at a higher pressure and is sent to the required place. When the liquid flows from the center of the impeller to the outer edge, a certain vacuum is formed in the center of the impeller. Because the pressure above the liquid level of the storage tank is greater than the pressure at the inlet of the pump, the liquid is continuously pressed into the impeller.
Structure of slurry pump：
The slurry pump delivers a mixture of solid particles and water containing dregs. But in principle, the slurry pump is a kind of centrifugal pump, which is mainly used for slurry transportation in converter dedusting water, blast furnace gas washing water, continuous casting turbid circulating water and rolling turbid circulating water systems in iron and steel enterprises.
The commonly used slurry pump structure is as follows.
(1) Pump head structure. The pump body adopts double-layer pump housing (double-layer metal structure inside and outside), the double pump housing structure is vertical split type, and the water outlet position can be installed and used in 8 different positions according to 45 ° interval. In order to effectively prevent the leakage of shaft seal, the combination of power seal, packing seal or mechanical seal is adopted. Labyrinth clearance seal is set between impeller and back guard plate, which greatly reduces the leakage of slurry to stuffing box and effectively ensures the reliability of seal. The impeller is equipped with back blades to discharge the reflux slurry in time, thus improving the volume ratio, reducing the reflux and erosion, and improving the service life of the overflow parts. In order to facilitate maintenance and disassembly, a disassembly ring is provided to avoid shaft cutting due to failure of disassembly.
(2) Bracket structure. The bracket structure is horizontal split type. In order to prolong the service life of the bearing, the hydraulic design and structural design are optimized. So that the radial force and axial force can be reasonably distributed, and the bearing form, model, cooling and lubrication mode can be correctly selected, so as to meet the requirements of low heating and high life of the bearing.
(3) Shaft seal form. The shaft seal device plays a sealing role between the pump body and the pump shaft. It can prevent air from entering the pump and a large amount of water from leaking out of the pump. The sealing form of centrifugal slurry pump usually adopts the auxiliary impeller plus packing seal. The auxiliary impeller plus packing seal is a hydrodynamic seal. The head generated by the auxiliary impeller resists the leakage of liquid at the outlet of the impeller. At the same time, the cover plate of the impeller is used to set the back blade with water sealing ring and packing to prevent air from entering. The back blade and water sealing ring are used to reduce the pressure at the packing, so as to prevent impurities from entering the seal.
Classification of slurry pumps：
（1） From the numbers of impeller: single-stage slurry pump and multi-stage slurry pump.
（2） From the position of pump shaft and horizontal plane: horizontal slurry pump and vertical slurry pump.
（3） From the way of suction into water: single suction slurry pump and double suction slurry pump.
（4） From the pump cover plate structure: single cover plate slurry pump and double cover plate slurry pump.
（5） From the impeller structure:Closed impeller slurry pump,open impeller slurry pump,semi-open impeller impeller slurry pump.
Application of slurry pumps:
1. Heavy duty Slurry pump is mainly used to transport slurry.
2. Desulfurization pump is mainly used for flue gas desulfurization.
3. Dredge pump is mainly used for river dredging.
At present, the slurry pump is mostly used in the ore dressing plant of the mining industry, and the main treatment is the primary separation of ore. in this case, the wear of the slurry pump will be relatively serious, so its service life is relatively low, especially according to the hardness and particle size of the processed ore, the wear degree of the slurry pump will also be different.
As one of the largest centrifugal slurry pump manufacturers in China, Gempump is looking forward to cooperating with you.